Thursday, April 18, 2013

Coconut lavender oil DIY

Coconut oil is used in the French Islands so I used it growing up. I used the Monoi version with gardenia flowers in it. But you can actually buy coconut oil and make your own scents. My favorites homemade ones are Lavender, rose for the body and face as they are calming. I love vanilla in summer and in the sun.

The list of the many ways I use coconut oil:
-In my hair after the shower, it protects and makes my hair shiny and healthy. 
-As a end repair solution on your hair.
-I use waterproof eye liner and a little bit of coconut oil will remove it like magic. Great makeup remover.
-A tablespoon in the bath water.
-As emergency diaper rash ointment.
-On my hands and body. 
-In the sun it keeps your hair protected and your skin nourished. -Great to protect your hair from chlorine in the pool.
-Great for cooking. replace oil or butter by coconut oil

Coconut lavender oil
Small glass jars. I got mine for $4 at walmart for a set of 4
1/2 cup Organic coconut oil
1 drop Lavender organic essential extract oil. 
Stems of Lavender.


In a bowl add 1 drop of lavender oil to 1/2 cup coconut oil and stir well, fill your jar. Add a small stem of lavender to the side.
Because this oil is used on the face only one drop of lavender is sufficient, for body and bath, you can use 2 or 3 drops.

Side note: Use rose organic essential extract oil and a vanilla bean for the other versions.

I love tags with gifts so I made this printable tag of coconut lavender oil pic in case you want to give it away as a gift at a party or for your friends. This is great for VT also (little gifts when visiting teaching a friend for church ). Just click copy and paste. Print it and make a hole with a puncher. Tie it with a ribbon or twine. For personal use only

26 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Lovely! I am very familiar with this combination. Thank you for the label. :-) Hope you have a lovely day, Isabelle.

highheeledlife said...

What a fabulous and easy project! perfect for doing with the Godchildren. thanks for sharing..xo C. (HHL)

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

Thanks for the fine post!

Unknown said...

Izzy,
I love this! I'm going to try to make it this afternoon! I love anything lavender. Thank you so much.
xoxo

Allena said...

I love DIY! (ps-My-So-Called-Chaos sent me) :D

Sockwun said...

Coconut lavender oil sounds like it would smell sooo gooooood! Im going to try this out; thank you!

xoxo
Cecilia
ExtraExtravagant.bs.com

(Jean at WhatJeanLikes sent me!)

toko baju muslim murah said...

I looking liked your post as it is very interesting to read thank you

Leslie said...

Wonderful tips and DIY oil! It sounds wonderful,). Most people don't recognize all the values of coconut oil. Great post!

xxleslie

Carla from The River said...

I love this, it sounds wonderful. Thank you for sharing. :-)

Amber said...

I love coconut oil! It's great for so many uses! :)

Melle@featheredruffles.com said...

i'm allergic to lavender but i LOVE LOVE LOVE coconut oil!! I make a solid body lotion like this with lemon essential oil and a lemon FO. I smell like lemonade. (I also use the same scent in my body wash and regular lotion that i make, and honestly... well. i use it in my laundry soap also. lolol...)

I had steven johnsons's syndrome last year. not bad enough to end up in ICU, but bad enough that all my skin peeled off. it was 3, almost 4 months of skin torture. The coconut oil lotion (without any scent!) and coconut oil fractions in a spritz bottle totally saved me. :)

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I can smell lavender from here...

Anonymous said...

I love DIY posts, this was very helpfull thanks!

Fiona said...

I love DIY posts, must try this out for myself xo

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i bet it smell just delicious. yum. ( :

Unknown said...

This looks like it smells amazing

Nancy Carr said...

Luscious.

Beth W said...

How do you keep it from weighing your hair down? Or do you just slick it on when dry and are all set? I'm curious about using it as a conditioner...

AristeaNst said...

I love the smell of coconut

Karrie said...

Thanks for posting this!

Unknown said...

looks amazing

Unknown said...

Its sticky or not >.<
I love the lavender its lavender scent or more coconut scent? ^^

Marina S said...

Wow! Beautiful and useful! I didn't know that the coconut oil was so good. I'll try to use it!

Unknown said...

I didn't know coconut oil could be a perfect remover for waterproof mascara! I always have problems removing it.. =/ I'll remember it and try to find this useful oil.

Natasha K said...

i love coconut!

Huguette En said...

Love this, two of my favorite scents!

Contact me at: isafrenchy@gmail.com