I think it is the dream of many women to have their own little shop. I know it is one of mine. Here is what i have learned so far about the process.
- You need to have a design and a product that nobody has, copying is not cool and most products have a copyright. You don't want to waist money and time making something and have bad publicity coming back to you. Do you homework.
- If you design, copyright it. See the top right of my blog and click on the copyright website. My blog is all my invention and copyright. I want to protect it. You can protect your invention with a picture of it too.
- Start small. finding the same material for a lot of pieces is hard and will take time. If you can, that's great. Do not invest too much money in it. You want it to be a good experience, even if it takes some time to start.
- Take great pictures.
- Start your Etsy boutique. It is very easy.
- Have a great photo representing what you sell.
- Start your shop.
- Etsy will advertise for you and you can also ask your friends with blogs to talk about it, have a giveaway on a blog to celebrate.
- Be patient and don't give up.
this is a learning experience for me too and a fun one....I can do it watching Tom and Jerry with my 2 year old. HAHAHA
I am almost there.....